Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle iSupplier Portal - Version 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124 [Release 11.5]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Supplier User Management, Release 126.96.36.199, when attempting to reset the passwords for a supplier user account that has a status of Locked, the supplier user account remains in Locked status. The issue only occurs occasionally and it is unclear what conditions are causing it to occur.
It is expected that the supplier user accounts, after having the Reset Password functionality performed by the supplier user administrator, will always change to status of Active.
Steps To Reproduce
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. In System Administrator responsibility, navigate to Security > User > Define.
2. Query the supplier user account, and the Status shows as Locked.
3. Responsibility: Supplier User Management/Supplier User Administration.
4. On the Supplier User Profile Management page, search for the supplier user that has the Locked account.
5. In the search results, select the View Details icon for the username.
6. On the Manage User Profile page, the user's details can be seen. Click (enabled) the Reset Password checkbox, and then click the Apply button.
7. The Confirmation page appears, with the following message:
You have update the profile for [username] at [Supplier name].
You have reset the users password. A new password was generated and emailed to the user at [email address].
8. In System Administrator responsibility, navigate to Security > User > Define.
9. Query the supplier user account again, and the Status shows as Locked.
Due to this issue, some supplier user accounts cannot be unlocked via Supplier User Management.
As a workaround, a manual reset can be performed by submitting the GDUMX: PASSWORD RESET concurrent program.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms