Asset Created With Incorrect Description
(Doc ID 1486003.1)
Last updated on MAY 18, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Asset Tracking - Version 18.104.22.168 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Assets created through Asset Tracking where multiple serials are on a single transaction are being created with the incorrect description and unit cost. The description and unit cost are being taken from the first component of the assembly.
Assets should be created with correct descriptions based on the Inventory item and unit cost of the components should be based on the item not the assembly as a whole
Steps to Reproduce
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. WIP SUPERUSER >Material Tranaction>WIP Order less Completion
2. Perform WIP Orderless completion, create Assembly A, assign a few components
3. Perform Miscellaenous Transaction - EIB issue to field or customer.
4. Issue newly created Assembly
5. COI item should result in capitalization upon issue on lease.
6. EIB Enterprise Install Base, run program Create Asset: Interface Inventory to Fixed Assets
Note, Item instance has related asset in fa mass additions, but asset description is not correct
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!