Cycle Count Not Prevented By Material Status On Locator / Subinventory Level
Last updated on FEBRUARY 16, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Material Status at subinventory or locator level or any level is not working to prevent Cycle Count transctions.
The material status is setup to prevent Cycle Count transactions against a specific locator and subinventory but the same processes without exception for a cycle count.
For example, users can create a cycle count then schedule, enter counts and approve or reject counts. The adjustments process without error.
- Cycle Count
- Physical Inventory
- Disallowed Transactions:
- Transaction Type - Cycle Count Adjustment is status controlled
- Transaction Type - Physical Inventory Adjustment is also status controlled
- Profile option INV:MATERIAL STATUS SUPPORT set to Yes at site level
- Setup :
a Material Status called Inactive and disallow all the transactions that have status control
b. Setup a Subinventory and assign it status of Inactive
- Assign items to the subinventory
- Create a cycle count for the specific subinventory
- Add items to the cycle count
- Schedule the items
- Perform Full Cycle Count
- Enter Counts.
- Adjustments process but expect them to fail as the status is inactive (which disallows all material transactions in this subinventory)
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms