While Trying To Display Custom Error Message Using Userhooks In SSHR, Error: .
(Doc ID 1499039.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 03, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Self-Service Human Resources - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On 12.1.3 version, EIT and SIT
When attempting to raise a error message using custom user hooks after upgrading from 11i to R12, the following error occurs.
Steps to Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Cerate a user hook to implement custom logic to raise error using
- Example: dbms_standard.raise_application_error(num => -20999, msg => 'Amount to be credited should be less than bill Amount');
2. Submit a transaction where the user hook custom error will be displayed. (Example: Enter Credit amount more then bill Amount).
3. The system does not display the custom error message, rather displays system error ORA-20001 .
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
1. The same user hook code to display the message was working fine in 11i but after upgrade to R12 it does not work any more.
2. This is an inconsistent issue with the application as it comes and goes mostly after bouncing or clearing the cache.
Upgrade from 11i to R12.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document