Last updated on SEPTEMBER 03, 2013
Applies to:Oracle Supplier Lifecycle Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using API described in [ Note 256790.1 - Is There A Bulk Supplier / Supplier User Registration API Available? (Doc ID 256790.1) ] , the for FND_REGISTRATION_DETAILS.FIELD_NAME = 'Supplier Number', corresponding Supplier Vendor Id is not getting populated in FND_REGISTRATION_DETAILS.FIELD_VALUE_NUMBER even though we are passing the Supplier Vendor Id value exclusively to the above standard API. while inserting data into fnd_registration_details page supplier number field is getting inserted with value null. This supplier number field is nothing but vendor id to which user is invited.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. For R12.1.x
Apply one-off <Patch 8594029>:R12.POS.B (or Apply 12.1.2 or 12.1.3 which includes this fix)
Patch will update the below files:
- $POS_TOP/patch/115/sql/POSUSRHB.pls - 120.0.12010000.1
- $POS_TOP/patch/115/sql/POSUSRHS.pls - 120.0.12010000.1
- $POS_TOP/patch/115/sql/POSUSRHS_sample1.sql - 120.0.12010000.1
Patch provides the API (pos_user_reg_helper_pkg.invite_supplier_user) to achieve the desired functionality. Customers will need to write their script to fetch the list of emails to be invited and the vendor id (to which these users are registering) and call the API for each one of them.
2. Verify the package pos_user_reg_helper_pkg is in DB and is valid:
select OBJECT_NAME, OBJECT_TYPE, STATUS
where object_type IN ('PACKAGE','PACKAGE BODY')
and object_name = 'POS_USER_REG_HELPER_PKG'
3. Read and understand the sample script delivered with the Patch.
- Customers can modify the sample script or create their own script to call the API to send invitations.
- Customers will need to iterate through the list of all users to be invited (maybe using a cursor) and call the API.
- Customers need to have their own error handling logic.
4. Test the functionality, and see that the vendor_id value given as input is not passed to the fnd_registration_details
Cannot use the API as intended since the vendor_id is passed as not null, but gets recorded as null
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms