Last updated on SEPTEMBER 06, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Procurement Contracts - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 22-Oct-2014***
Find that when creating a repository contract, the drop down list for contract type shows the "Type Name" ONLY and not the Description.
This would enable the user to identify the contract type that needs to be assigned as it would display the description in the current session language.
The same is applicable for Contact Role.
1. Go to (R) Contract Workbench Administrator (N) Contract setup > Contract type
- create a new contract type
2. The go back and edit the Contract Type
- only the description can be edited and it will be updated in the current language only
e.g. Description = New Type1 English
3. Log in as a different user using a different language
- go to the Contract Type and edit the Description again
- the Description will be updated for the current language only
e.g Nuevo typo Espanol
4. Now go to create a new Repository Contract
- use the LOV to select the Contract Type
- the Description is not displayed in the LOV, only the Contract Type name is displayed, hence the language-specific descriptions are not visible.
Is there any way in which to see the Contract Type Description and not just the name?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms