View (Menu) To Requests To Submit Skips Organization Selection: Report Runs For Inventory Organization That User Does Not Have [Video]
(Doc ID 1508993.1)
Last updated on JULY 14, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Reports run for Inventory Organization NOT accessible to user.
Note that the profile option MFG_ORGANIZATION_ID does NOT reset to NULL
between changing responsibilities.
See the same issue on R11i and R12.x.
Reports should NOT run for inventory organizations where a user does NOT
The profile option MFG_ORGANIZATION_ID should reset to NULL upon switching
What is Working
If choose a form, the user is required to pick a new inventory organization.
If you submit a concurrent request on the navigator choosing requests or reports instead of the toolbar menu, the change organization screen appears correctly.
The old organization from the profile option MFG_ORGANIZATION_ID is NOT used.
The issue ONLY impacts running reports from the View > Requests menu option.
Video - Movie showing issue. (04:34)
1. Setup inventory controls
a. Navigate to Inventory > Organizations > Setup
b. Set Inventory Responsibility to access M1 / Seattle (org id 207).
c. Set Manufacturing and Distribution Manager Responsibility to access M2 /
Boston (org id 209)
2. Choose an organization M1 in Inventory.
a. Navigate to Inventory > Change Organization.
b. Choose organization: M1.
3. Run a report in Manufacturing and Distribution Manager
a. Navigate to Manufacturing and Distribution Manager Responsibility.
b. Choose View > Requests > Submit a request.
c. You are NOT prompted to change organizations.
d. Run any report that includes MFG_ORGANIZATION_ID.
e. The report runs for an organization even though the user does NOT have
Run SQL to see what reports depend on the organization id:
- ABC assignments report (Inventory)
- Activity Cause Report (Eam / Costing)
- All Inventories Value Report (Costing)
- Bill of Lading (Shipping)
- Close Discrete Jobs (Work in Process)
- Employee Rates Listing (Work in Process)
- Engineering Change Order Detail Report (Engineering Change orders)
- Printed Planning Schedule Report (Scheduling)
- Purge WMS History Tables (Warehouse Management/WMS)
- Receiving Value Report (Purchasing)
Security is enabled to restrict users from other inventory organizations.
Users can subvert the security and access organizations anyway in reports.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!