View (Menu) To Requests To Submit Skips Organization Selection: Report Runs For Inventory Organization That User Does Not Have [Video]
(Doc ID 1508993.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 19, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 188.8.131.52 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Reports run for Inventory Organization NOT accessible to user.
Note that the profile option MFG_ORGANIZATION_ID does NOT reset to NULL
between changing responsibilities.
See the same issue on R11i and R12.x.
Reports should NOT run for inventory organizations where a user does NOT
The profile option MFG_ORGANIZATION_ID should reset to NULL upon switching
What is Working
If choose a form, the user is required to pick a new inventory organization.
If you submit a concurrent request on the navigator choosing requests or reports instead of the toolbar menu, the change organization screen appears correctly.
The old organization from the profile option MFG_ORGANIZATION_ID is NOT used.
The issue ONLY impacts running reports from the View > Requests menu option.
1. Setup inventory controls
a. Navigate to Inventory > Organizations > Setup
b. Set Inventory Responsibility to access M1 / Seattle (org id 207).
c. Set Manufacturing and Distribution Manager Responsibility to access M2 /
Boston (org id 209)
2. Choose an organization M1 in Inventory.
a. Navigate to Inventory > Change Organization.
b. Choose organization: M1.
3. Run a report in Manufacturing and Distribution Manager
a. Navigate to Manufacturing and Distribution Manager Responsibility.
b. Choose View > Requests > Submit a request.
c. You are NOT prompted to change organizations.
d. Run any report that includes MFG_ORGANIZATION_ID.
e. The report runs for an organization even though the user does NOT have
Run SQL to see what reports depend on the organization id:
- ABC assignments report (Inventory)
- Activity Cause Report (Eam / Costing)
- All Inventories Value Report (Costing)
- Bill of Lading (Shipping)
- Close Discrete Jobs (Work in Process)
- Employee Rates Listing (Work in Process)
- Engineering Change Order Detail Report (Engineering Change orders)
- Printed Planning Schedule Report (Scheduling)
- Purge WMS History Tables (Warehouse Management/WMS)
- Receiving Value Report (Purchasing)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Enhancements / Ideas|