Construction Estimates Workbench: EAM Work Order Shows Extra Requisition Line
(Doc ID 1509768.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 10, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Enterprise Asset Management - Version 12.1.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When creating requisitions directly from work orders. The reqs are automatically approved and create PO lines. Reqs and PO line appear to be created correctly. However, the information displayed on the work order shows an additional line. This additional line appears to be a summary of the other data. e.g. Two requisition lines for quantity 10 each are entered via the work order the resulting information on the work order will show these two lines with quantity 10 each and PO lines with 10 each. But an additional line is also displayed with the req quantity of 10 and the PO quantity shown as 20. No line for 20 is shown on the actual PO.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log in using the Maintenance Super User Responsibility
2. Create a Construction Estimate:
- Select the Construction Units Tab
- Select the Construction Estimate breadcrumb in the upper left
- Click the Create Construction Estimate button
- Give the Estimate a name and click in the Activity field
- Select an Activity using the Search functionality - The Activity must have a Routing that uses Outside processing resources and a BOM that contains Non-Stock Direct items (these need to be defined ahead of time)
- Click the Next button to open the Construction estimate Workbench
- In the Work Order Defaults region select "Single Work Order" for the "Group Rows By" option
- Enter Work Order Number, WIP Accounting Class, Asset Number and any other relevant fields
- Click the Apply Defaults button
- Click the Create Work Order button
3. Click the Work Orders tab to leave the Construction Estimate Workbench
4. Click the "All" breadcrumb and query the work order you just created
5. If your instance is set up to auto-approve Requisitions and PO's then give things time to process. If not you'll need to perform whatever approval steps are required in your system.
6. With the Work order open click on the Materials Tab
7. Note there will be a Req/PO line for each item on the BOM. There will be one additional line. This additional line provides incorrect information.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users see inaccurate Purchasing data
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document