Unable To Hire A Person Who Is A Contact "The duplicate you have selected already exists in the current business group..."
(Doc ID 1509896.1)
Last updated on MARCH 12, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Self-Service Human Resources - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Hire, CWK Placement, Appl Hire
In Self Service, when attempting to hire a person who is a contact and potential duplicate, the system is not allowing the user to be selected. Instead, the following error occurs:
"The duplicate you have selected already exists in the current business group, or is already mapped to a person in the current business group. You cannot create a duplicate if the person is in the same business group, or is
already mapped to a person in the current business group."
- Hiring through the Professional User Interface (PUI)
- XX HRMS Manager > People > Enter an Maintain
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Manager Self Service
3. Enter basic details of Last Name, First Name, SSN, and Birth Date
4. Get page indicating the person is already listed in the database for that business group
5. Select the person to hire (where the person is a contact) and the error occurs
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document