R12: OIE: Error When Submitting Expense Report to AME for Approval - "approver passed to ame_api2.updateApprovalStatus does not match anyone on the list of Approvers"
(Doc ID 1512960.1)
Last updated on JUNE 17, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Internet Expenses - Version 12.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Getting error "...the approver passed to ame_api2.updateApprovalStatus does not match anyone on the list of Approvers.." on the exceptions log when submitting a new expense report to AME for approval.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
1. In AME, client setup a Rule = SUPERVISOR APPROVAL - USD. The Rule 'SUPERVISOR APPROVAL - USD' has one condition, "0 USD <= EXPENSE_REPORT_TOTAL".
The action that will be taken when this Rule is invoked is that the report will "..Require approvals up to the first superior, at most..."
2. Employee A is setup as an Authorized Delegate for employee B. Therefore, A can enter expense reports for B.**
3. Authorized Delegate (AD) A, entered expense report XXXXX (88.02 USD) for employee B.
** This was the first expense report ever entered for employee B.
4. On the Confirmation Page for report XXXXX (88.02 USD), click the Approvers Tab and it shows:
a. Approver = C, Category = Approver, Status = Forwarded
b. Approver = D, Category = Approver, Status = Approved
c. Approver = C, Category = Approver, Status = Notified
(i) In the AME Workbench, run a real transaction test for report XXXXX. It shows:
Applicable AME Rule that was invoked was 'Supervisor Approval USD'.
Default Approver List:
Approver List after supressing repeated Approvers:
- Approver = C, Category = Approver, Status = Forward
- Approver = D, Category = Approver, Status = Approve
- Approver = C, Category = Approver, Status = Notified
Final Approver List
- Order Number 1, Approver = C, Status = Forward
- Order Number 2, Approver = D, Status = Approve
- Order Number 3, Approver = C, Status = Notified
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document