System is Over Allocating Material Through Pick Release Process
Last updated on JULY 18, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Oracle Warehouse Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Pick Release Process
Pick release process is over allocating material for more than the requested quantity for backordered deliveries.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Sales Order was created with Line having Quantity as 100 (as an example)
2. There was a manual reservation done on the Sales Order Form through Tools > Scheduling > Reservation with the complete Quantity and this was done in 2 LOTS say L1 and L2. for 30 and 70 Quantities respectively.
3. Pick Release was done (With Auto Allocate set to Yes).
4. On the Transact Move Order, Allocations are correct. Move Order is transacted.
5. Delivery Details are now in Staged/Pick Confirmed status.
6. At this time Backordering is done.
7. Reservation is cleared and hence the allocation was canceled automatically.
8. Again, manual reservation was done on the Sales Order Form through Tools > Scheduling > Reservation with the complete Quantity and this was done in 2 LOTS say L1 and L2. for 30 and 70 Quantities respectively. (Same Lot and subinventory which was taken earlier)
9. Pick Release was done (With Auto Allocate set to Yes).
10. Here, we find that there is one extra allocation there i.e. Allocation is done for more that reserved quantity.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms