Unable To See Users When Assigning To Custom Groups Created In Supplier Management Administration
(Doc ID 1515215.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 13, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Supplier Lifecycle Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Supplier Lifecycle Management, Release 12.1.3, new users cannot be added to supplier groups that were created prior to the creation of the user account.
It is expected that supplier administrators should be able to add new users to supplier groups that existed prior to the creation of the user's account.
Steps To Reproduce
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log in as user which has Supplier Management Administrator responsibility
2. Responsibility: Supplier Management Administrator
3. Supplier Home
4. Click the Administration tab
5. Click the Security subtab
6. Create a new group <SUPPLIER GROUP>
7. Add existing users such as <EXISTINGUSER1> and <EXISTINGUSER2> to the group --> successful.
8. Create a new user <NEWUSER> in System Administrator responsibility.
9. Back to Supplier Management Administrator responsibility
10. Query the group SUPPLIER GROUP which was created in Step 6 above.
11. Attempt to add user the user <NEWUSER> to the existing group --> the user could not be found. Other previously-existing users such as <EXISTINGUSER3> and <EXISTINGUSER4> can be found to add to the group.
12. Now, create another new group <SUPPLIER GROUP 2>, and the user <NEWUSER> can now be added to this new group.
So the issue indeed occurs when the group is created prior to the user getting created. Since the user <NEWUSER> was created after the group <SUPPLIER GROUP>, the user could not be added to the group.
Due to this issue, supplier administrators cannot add new users to supplier groups that are already existing in the system.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document