E-Business Suite: Oracle Financials for India: Generation of eTDS & eTCS returns in the revised format using File Validation Utility Version 3.6
(Doc ID 1520199.1)
Last updated on JULY 16, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Common Applications
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The objective of this note is to assist customers of E-Business Suite (Release 11i and Release 12) to understand the implications of the data structure changes introduced by Central Board of Direct Taxes through National Securities Depository Ltd, (NSDL).
The structure for File validation Utility to be used for filing eTDS and eTCS returns was revised. Henceforth tax payers are required to use NSDL File Validation Utility Ver 3.6 (FVU 3.6) for submission of quarterly returns for TDS and TCS. Electronic filing of Q3 eTDS and eTCS returns are accepted only if it is successfully validated using FVU ver.3.6.
Oracle has released a patch for supporting the revised data structure using NSDL File validation Utility ver 3.6 notified by Income Tax department. Customers are required to apply the patch indicated in this note to their production instance before filing Q3 returns. The revised data structure mandates certain changes:
- Flagging of payments made to Software Vendors under section 194 (J) and 195 as per the notification no 21/2012 issued by Income Tax Department.
- Incorporated new sections introduced in Federal Budget 2012, to be part of 27Q report
- Incorporated new item classifications introduced in Federal Budget 2012, to be part of 27EQ report
- Mandatory tax payment validation process by uploading payment details file imported from IT department website while validating the returns using the latest File validation utility.
E-Business Suite R11.5.10
E-Business Suite R12.0
E-Business Suite R12.1
The patch allows our customers to record the following information which is mandatory for filing the returns electronically.
- An attribute has been provided in Supplier Additional Information for classifying the supplier as “Software” using the Attribute TDS Vendor Classification and the same has to be classified at Supplier Site Level.
- Two New Sections introduced for 27Q are shipped as seeded values in the look up “JAI_TDS_SECTION”
- Two new items introduced as part of TCS have been seeded in the Item’s LOV.
Customers are required to:
- Classify software vendors using the new attribute at supplier site level
- Configure the TDS setup for the new TDS Sections for defaulting to the concerned transaction
- Associate new item classifications introduced for TCS to the relevant transactions
For more information, please familiarize yourself with the content available in the "Readme" section associated with the patch.
The following are the Patch numbers that may be used to download the patch from / My Oracle Support:
12.1.1 to 12.1.3: <Patch 16041101:R12.JAI.B>
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document