Locking Issue When Using Standard API HR_PERSON_ABSENCE_API.CREATE_PERSON_ABSENCE
(Doc ID 1520676.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 16, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Human Resources - Version 12.1.3 to 12.1 HRMS RUP5 [Release 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When standard API HR_PERSON_ABSENCE_API.CREATE_PERSON_ABSENCE is used to create an absence record for a person in one session and when COMMIT or ROLLBACK is not yet issued, no DML transactions (INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE) on any person absence record can be performed on the table PER_ABSENCE_ATTENDANCES from another session.
Steps to Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Open a new SQL session -- session 1.
2. Create an absence record using API HR_PERSON_ABSENCE_API.CREATE_PERSON_ABSENCE in this session. No COMMIT to be issued.
3. Open an another SQL session -- session 2.
4. Now, a different record in table PER_ABSENCE_ATTENDANCES to be deleted using direct DELETE statement. Now, the session 2 hangs.
5. Now, a ROLLBACK to be issued in session 1.
6. On issuing the ROLLBACK, delete statement completes successfully in session 2.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document