Last updated on DECEMBER 21, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Human Resources - Version 12.1.3 to 12.1 HRMS RUP5 [Release 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When standard API HR_PERSON_ABSENCE_API.CREATE_PERSON_ABSENCE is used to create an absence record for a person in one session and when COMMIT or ROLLBACK is not yet issued, no DML transactions (INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE) on any person absence record can be performed on the table PER_ABSENCE_ATTENDANCES from another session.
Steps to Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Open a new SQL session -- session 1.
2. Create an absence record using API HR_PERSON_ABSENCE_API.CREATE_PERSON_ABSENCE in this session. No COMMIT to be issued.
3. Open an another SQL session -- session 2.
4. Now, a different record in table PER_ABSENCE_ATTENDANCES to be deleted using direct DELETE statement. Now, the session 2 hangs.
5. Now, a ROLLBACK to be issued in session 1.
6. On issuing the ROLLBACK, delete statement completes successfully in session 2.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms