Last updated on OCTOBER 24, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Service Contracts - Version 184.108.40.206 to 12.1.3 [Release 11.5 to 12.1]
Oracle Receivables - Version 12.1.3 to 12.1.3 [Release 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a sub line is terminated on service contract and interfaced to AR, accounting rule start date is populated as contract start date (bill from date) instead of termination date
Accounting rule start date should be termination date
Steps to reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps.
1. Login to Service Contracts Manager responsibility
2. Open a contract and terminate a sub line.
3. Run Service contracts Main Billing program. In billing history, Bill From is populated as Termination date
4. Run Autoinvoice import program and import the billing lines to AR.
5. Check the credit memo in AR. Rule start date is populated as contract start date/Bill From of original cycle instead of termination date.
The issue has the following business impact:
Incorrect revenue recognition
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms