Last updated on SEPTEMBER 08, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Management - Version 6.2.3 to 6.2.8 [Release 6.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On OTM version 6.2.3 when using an external system that uses a service which is intentionally disabled using "Build XML - Disable Send." (This can be done so that the transmissions are created as business continued in OTM, with the intention of processing the transmissions once the external system was back online.) reprocessing of Transmissions does not work.
When this is done the resulting transmissions have the EXT_SYS_COM_METHOD_GID field set to null. Because of this, reprocessing the transmissions appears to work, but the transmissions are not sent anywhere because of this missing data.
Here are steps to replicate this issue:
1. Create an External System that uses "SERVICE" as the communication method.
2. Disable the External System
3. Push a transmission to the external system while it is disabled
4. Note that the transmission's ext_sys_com_method_gid gets nulled out.
5. Re-enable the external system
6. Mark the transmission re-do
7. Try to process the transmission again
8. Note that the transmission fail with the following error:
HTTP POST transmission 'nnnnnnnn' failed due to HTTP URL not specified for external system "Y"
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms