Unable to Re-open Closed PO Shipment Line
(Doc ID 1532218.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 21, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Created a standard PO with 1 line split into 2 shipment lines and then approved. Closed Shipment line 2 using Tools > Control > Close. Would like to open again the same shipment line using Tools > Control > Open. System is saying "Control Action is completed successfully. Please re-query to see the changes" but after re-query the PO, the shipment line remains closed.
1) Login to Purchasing Super User
2) Create PO in the Purchase Order form with 1 line 1 shipment line.
3) Approve the PO
4) Without performing any receipts, manually close shipment line using 'Tools > Control' in "Purchase Order Summary' form
5) Try to open the same shipment line using 'Tools > Control' in 'Purchase Order Summary' form. System pops-up a window which says "Control Action is completed successfully. Please re-query to see the changes".
6) Re-queried the PO in Purchase Order Summary form to display the Shipment line. Shipment line remains in status "Closed".
7) Reproduced the same scenario using the Buyer Work Center functionalities. Same result. The closed shipment line remained closed after manually reopening it.
8) Created a similar PO in 11i but the same issue cannot be replicated in 11i.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!