R12: When Using Buyer Work Center, Print Count Field Not Updated From NULL To ZERO upon running the PO Output for Communication program
(Doc ID 1533228.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 19, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 12.0.0 to 12.1.3 [Release 12 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When you create an Standard Purchase Order in the Buyer Work Center, with attribute Communication Method = 'None' upon approving the Standard Purchase Order, the print_count is not updated from NULL to 0. It remains at NULL. This means, that when the 'PO Output for Communication' request will be run to pick up all NEW POs, the above Standard Purchase Order will be ignored (the PO Output for Communication job only looks at POs with a count set to '0' when run just for new POs).
When creating a Standard Purchase Order in Core form against the same supplier (with null communication method) the PRINT_COUNT is updated from NULL to 0. This is different to the behaviour on BWC (Buyer Work Center).
Steps to reproduce:
1. Buyer Work Center - Orders
2. Create a new Standard Purchase Order with attribute Communication Method = 'None'
3. Submit PO / Wait for Approval
4. Wait for PO Output for Communication program to finish (this is spawned automatically off the back of the PO approval WF)
5. View Print Count and Print Date
6. Notice that the PRINT_COUNT is null; expect this to be ‘0’.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document