How To Create ECO For Updating BOM Which Is Common And Use The Use-up Functionality?
(Doc ID 1534916.1)
Last updated on MAY 14, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Engineering - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Applications 12.1.3
Trying to use the Use-Up functionality for a BOM, which is a common bill.
-- Expected Behavior
Expect to have use-up functionality available for the common bill.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps.
1. Create an item "A123" in organization Vision Operations (V1), which is the Master organization.
2. Assign the item "A123" to the Seattle Manufacturing organization (M1), which is where the product is manufactured.
3. Create the bill of material in the Master organization, V1.
4. Create common bill to Seattle Manufacturing (M1).
5. Define ASCP plan on Seattle Manufacturing (M1).
6. Run Data Collection for Seattle Manufacturing (M1).
7. Run the ASCP plan.
8. Run the "Push Plan Information" request.
9. Define ECO on organization Seattle Manufacturing (M1), with revised item "A123".
10. Enter to the Revised component form, get decision message "This BOM is common. New components...".
The error in indicating that Means it is not possible to add/disable components on the bill in the M1 organization, but on V1 only.
-- Business Impact
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, not able to handle the ECO effectivity date based on the demand of components, in the Seattle Manufacturing organization (M1).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document