Difference In Item Attachment TITLE And NAME Between Inventory (INV) and Product Information Management (PIM)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 06, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Product Hub - Version 12.1.3 and later
Oracle Inventory Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When creating an item text attachment, in the Product Information Management (PIM) application, the attachment NAME is not seen in the TITLE field of the same item attachment in the Inventory (INV) application. The TITLE field does not have a value, it is blank.
Consistency with item attachments from the PIM application, to the INV application.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create an item text attachment using the PIM application. Note the NAME field value.
2. Save the attachment.
3. Query the same item in the Inventory application.
4. Open the item attachment. The TITLE field is blank.
5. Go back to the item attachment in the PIM application, and click on Update and Apply. No changes made.
6. Now the TITLE field shows up.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms