iProcurement Quantity Values Should Be Automatically Rounded to 15 Decimals to Avoid Issues
Last updated on JUNE 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle iProcurement - Version 12.0.6 to 12.1 [Release 12 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After receiving a quantity having long decimal precision such as 0,0000000000000002 (16 decimals) the default Receipt Quantity and the Received quantity are shown incorrectly as rounded values in iProcurement receiving. Users expect the values should be shown as un-rounded to show accurate data to the user during the Receive Items process.
1. Navigate to iProcurement / Receiving
2. Receive Items
3. Search by Order number 26002771
4. Specify Receipt quantity 0,0000000000000002
5. Search by Order Number again and see the default Receipt Quantity is wrong: Receipt Quantity = 254,2 Received = 0,0000000000000002
Users expect Receipt Quantity should be : Ordered – Receive = 254,1999999999999998
6. Specify receipt quantity = 1 and submit.
7. Search by order number again, and see Receipt Quantity and Received quantity are wrong:
Receipt Quantity = 253,2 Received = 1
Users expect it should be : Ordered – Receive = 253,1999999999999998
Received is wrong also; it should be : 1 + 0,0000000000000002 = 1,0000000000000002
Summary analysis :
This occurs when there are too many digits after the decimal place. Rounding is incorrect on line, distribution, or receipt shipment quantities..
Users are confused by the rounded values, because they do not accurately reflect the quantity received previously.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms