How to Create Installed Base Concurrent Program 'Integration Fix - IB Error Transaction'
(Doc ID 1538138.1)
Last updated on JUNE 07, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Installed Base - Version 188.8.131.52 to 12.2.9 [Release 11.5 to 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This note and attached concurrent program originally only cover the fix on non serialized or serialized at sales order issue. It is now modified to cover both serialized and non-serialized item.
The concurrent program name is therefore changed to reflect this new coverage.
*** User who has previously installed the concurrent program 'Integration Fix - Non Serial or Serial at Sales Order Issue' can simply rename the concurrent program name and following the necessary modification in manually set up steps or run new fndload to override the previous set up
This document is to help users understand how to create a comprehensive data fix concurrent program called Integration Fix - IB Error Transaction for both non-serialized or serialized items.
Why Installed Base Error Transactions happen
- Item control attributes (Installed Base trackable, IB tracking level, Serial, lot, revision control) are changed in the middle of business and standard change procedure was not correctly followed.
- Incorrect/unsupported business flow or incorrect set up
- Data Corruption caused by the code bugs
- User errors and unverified user update through API
- Previously incorrect data fix attempts.
How this concurrent program works
The fix is majorly based on two separated type items - serialized or non-serialized control
- The majority error transactions are due to instance's on hand quantity is out of sync with on hand quantity in inventory, duplicated instances are in the same physical location or there is no reference instance entered for RMA return (refer to note390035.1).
- The fix is to sync on hand quantity with INV, merge duplicated instances and auto populate reference for RMA receipt transactions.
- The majority error transactions for serialized item are due to instance's location is out of sync with inventory location.
- The fix is to go through each serial number of each error transaction and verify the correct location it should be based on last processed inventory transaction. If the serial number instance is not in the correct location then move it to correct location.
The fix also check error transaction's serial, lot situation when the transaction happened compare with current item's serial lot control and determine if the attribute control is changed and should be taken into consideration.
What type error transactions are fixed by the concurrent program
Usually you will see the following error messages in error transaction interface (table csi_txn_errors), or in Oracle debrief submission etc.
'The source item instance &ITEM, in Subinventory &SUBINVENTORY, for Organization &ORG_ID in Oracle Install Base does not exist. Please verify that any receipt transactions were successful.'
'This transaction will drive the instance quantities to negative. Negative balances are not allowed for this subinventory.'
'Invalid quantity specified for the item instance. An instance cannot be created with a negative quantity'
'No instance is found for the inventory location attributes'
'Shipment cannot be done because Negative quantities are not allowed for this organization (&ORG_ID).'
'Multiple active item instances for inventory item &INV_ITEM were found.'
'Multiple active instances found for the item attributes provided.
Inventory Item ID : &INV_ITEM_ID
Organization ID : &INV_ORG_ID
Sub-Inventory : &SUBINV
Locator ID : &LOCATOR
Action: Check for duplicate inventory records found in CSI_ITEM_INSTANCES’
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!