Last updated on OCTOBER 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to cancel Purchase Order in the buyer work center - errors are encountered regarding shipment amount billed being greater than or equal to amount received.
As seen in the error message below - billed is equal received - however the line quantity is 50000. There is in fact 25000 which is available for cancellation.
Document #1022427, Line #1, Shipment #1: Shipment Amount Billed is greater than or equal to Amount Received 
1. In the Buyers Work Center, open the Orders tab.
2. Search for the desired PO number.
3. Drill down to the line/distribution and see that the distribution is partially received and invoiced.
4. Back on the Headers region of the order, select the Cancel option and click the Go button.
5. On the Cancel Standard Purchase Order page, enter the additional information and click the Apply button.
6. The above Error message appears on the resulting screen.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms