Last updated on SEPTEMBER 15, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Payroll - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Retropay process creates element entries with NULL values for Pay Value and other Input Values
Whenever retro entries from the previous financial year are brought to the current financial year, the entries do not have Pay Value and or other Input values that are expected. As a result of NULL Pay Value the payout to the employee is incorrect.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Run a Quick Pay for the last but one period (25 2012 Bi-Week, Start Date = 21-may-2012, End Date = 03-Jun-2012 and Payment Date 07-Jun-2012) in the previous financial year (2011 – 2012). This may not contain any earnings.
2. Now for the same period enter the non-recurring element “Test Payment”
3. Now run “Payroll Run” for the same period – 25 2012 Bi-Week.
4. Add a row for this employee in the Retro Pay Status screen with a Re-Calculation Date of 21-May-2012
5. Run “Retropay (Enhanced)” with an Effective Date of 10-Jun-2012 so as to bring in the retro entries to the period 26 2012 Bi Week.
This will create 2 Retro entries, one with a positive value of $950.00 and one with a negative value of $950.00.
6. Run “Payroll Run” for the period – 26 2012 Bi-Week.
7. Now delete the element entry created in step 2. and create another entry in the same period.
8. Add a row again for this employee in the Retro Pay Status screen with a Re-Calculation Date of 21-May-2012
9. Run “Retropay (Enhanced)” with an Effective Date of 01-Jul-2012 so as to bring in the retro entries to the period 1 2013 Bi Week. This is the first period of the financial year 2012 – 2013. So any Retro entries from the previous financial year comes through the element - Test Payment Less Than 12 Months
The retro element entry created by step 9 does not have a Pay Value
The retro element entry created by step 9 does not have an Effective Date
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms