Unable to Save Report in Catalog Folder Through BI Publisher: Incorrect XMLP Application Roles
(Doc ID 1545135.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 04, 2016
Applies to:BI Publisher (formerly XML Publisher) - Version 220.127.116.11.x to 18.104.22.168.x [Release 11.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This note applies to BI Publisher Enterprise. Users of other products which use BI Publisher, such as Oracle Business Intelligence, Siebel, Peoplesoft, JDE and Primavera, should check their product documentation in case XMLP roles are used differently.
Users are unable the save a newly created report in BI Publisher, despite having full access to the User Folder directory in the Catalog.
Accessing BI Publisher Standalone from: https://localhost:9804/xmlpserver.
The error occurs while creating a data model:
1. Create a report in BI Publisher.
2. Access the BI Publisher at https://localhost:9804/xmlpserver.
3. Create a Data Model.
4. An error message says the data model has failed to load:
5. Create SQL query model (e.g. 'Test Model').
6. Save query in Catalog -> My Folders -> new folder called Report - the save is successful.
7. Create Report from data model.
8. Select the data model 'Test Model' in Report folder.
9. Click 'Next'.
10. Click 'Use Report Editor' and 'Finish'.
11. Name the report and save it.
12. Another error is displayed, for example:
From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1
10.5.1 500 Internal Server Error
The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!