Customer Support Specialist: Service Stops Working Properly When Switching Tabs And Responsiiblities
(Doc ID 1546384.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 06, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Customer Support - Version 12.0.4 to 12.1.3 [Release 12 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When entering new Notes or updating Tasks in the Service Request web UI, users get an error.
They did not navigate within that web page, but rather researched information that they needed in order to update the SR.
However, that research was never done in the same IE window.
Action did not succeed due to the use of the browser navigation buttons.
The page has been refreshed. Any unsaved changes may have been lost.
Users didn’t navigate out of the SR notes page.
So they should not receive that error message.
1. Open an SR in the web UI
2. Start entering a new Note
3. Go back to UWQ and open another SR to verify something - scroll down that SR - close it
4. Continue entering the Note in the first SR and save.
5. System displays the error message.
(R) Customer Support Specialist
(N) Agent Dashboard (Open in new tab)
1. Create new or search existing Service Request that has a Task
2. On OA Home Page tab switch responsibility (i.e. System Administrator -> Workflow -> Administrator Workflow -> Status Monitor)
3. On SR page, try to update the Task by clicking update Task icon.
4. System displays the error message.
At this point, you get the error message even though there was no navigation done through that browser window or even the other web window.
No browser navigation buttons were used (i.e. Back button).
Instead, they may have had to query other parts of the application, through other sessions, or check email.
- Save before entering a Note, copy the text before saving.
- Use a different browser (i.e. Firefox) to access other applications.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document