URL Too Long Error Occurs When Users Open Task And Come Back To SR Several Times On Customer Support HTML
(Doc ID 1548890.1)
Last updated on JULY 14, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Customer Support - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When the users are trying to access the service request link in a cyclical manner in the task page while working on multiple tasks on a service request. The following error occurs:
Request-URI Too Large
The requested URL's length exceeds the capacity limit for this server.
request failed: URI too long
Steps to Reproduce
(R) Customer Support Specialist
(N) Agent Dashboard
1. Open Update Service request page for a particular service request.
2. Navigate to task bins showing all tasks associated with that particular service request.
3. Click on the task to navigate task page.
4. Without performing any operation on the task page click on the service request link to navigate back to the original service request page.
5. Repeat step 2-4 multiple times
Why does the error occurs and is there anyway to fix the error?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document