Terminated Contracts Billed For Full Amount
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Service Contracts - Version 12.1.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance 29-Sep-2014
On : 12.1.2 version, Contracts Billing/Termination
Find that when a contract is terminated with future date, the remaining balance of contact gets invoiced when auto-invoice is run on the 1st of month.
Expect only the period prior to termination date to be invoiced.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a service contract with Start Date of 01-MAY-2012 for 5 years.
2. Make sure it has at least one service line.
3. Activate the contract
4. Run main billing as of 01-MAY-2012.
5. Run autoinvoice master program in AR
6. Run Service Contracts Fetch Receivables Info for Billing in OKS.
7. Terminate the contract with the following:
Override Amount: 0.00
Suppress Credit: checked
8. Run main billing as of 01-JUN-2012
you will see the remaining amount of the contract is being billed.
Expectation is to only bill for the month of Jun.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms