Lockbox Issue: Duplicate Lockbox Applications to the Same Invoice Causing Balance to Become Negative
Last updated on MAY 14, 2013
Applies to:Oracle Receivables - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
You received two payments with the same receipt number, receipt date and customer number.
There are different invoice numbers (one invoice number was null and other was having a value).
You were able to differentiate between those two invoices in a custom code. However, after lockbox processing, both were applied causing the balance to become negative.
Steps to Reproduce:
Responsibility: Receivables Manager
Navigation: Receipts > Lockbox
- Customer has an invoice amount due /remaining is 39.76
- Customer received two payments of 39.76 with same receipt number i.e. 013488AZ same customer number i.e. 221100000
- These two payments are one with invoice number and the other with invoice number null.
- Customer identified them and using a custom code marked one of them as applied and the other one as Unapplied
- During the Lockbox processing, they both were applied causing the balance to become negative 39.76
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms