Receivable Cash Management: Batch Original Amount is not Available for Reconciliation After One Receipt of the Batch is Reversed with NSF
(Doc ID 1553031.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 05, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Receivables - Version 12.1.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Customer has created a remittance batch for checks/cash. After sending deposit to bank, they had to reverse a receipt. The amount of the remittance batch that is available for reconciliation was reduced by the reversal. The bank sends us the line for the full amount of the deposit and then a different line for the correction NSF.
Steps to Reproduce:
Responsibility: Receivables Manager
Navigation: Receipts > Receipts
1. Create Receipts to be remitted
2. Generate a Remittance batch to combine checks/cash deposits: Receipts > Remittances (Amount from 3 receipts total $600.00)
3. Reverse A receipt from the batch using NFS
4. Import or create a bank statement from bank with the amount from the deposit line (600.00).
5. Go to bank statement line and search for available transactions to match to
6. The amount available on the remittance batch is now 400 vs 600 (the original batch minus the reversal)
8. Can reconcile, but only to the 400, with 600 remaining. Typically if bank has NSF, the original total deposit of 600 is reconciled, then a separate bank line for the NSF for the reversal comes from the bank for the reversed amount of 400
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!