ER- Allow Reinstatement of Prior Retirements
Last updated on NOVEMBER 09, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Assets - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
1. Retire an asset partially (e.g. 1000 from 4000).
2. Run Calculate gain and losses for the particular asset book
3. Retire the asset fully (e.g. 3000 for the asset in 1.)
4. Run Calculate Gain and Losses for the particular asset book
5. Reinstate the full retirement in the asset workbench
6. Run Calculate Gain and Losses for the particular asset book
At this stage the cost of the asset is 3000.
7. Now Try to reinstate the partial retirement and you get the error
APP-OFA-48397 Program exited with errors:
You must be on the last record to create a new record
Per the Oracle Assets User Guide, Chapter 4 - Asset Retirements:
Correcting Retirement Errors (Reinstatements):
"For multiple partial retirements, you can reinstate only the most recent
So, the designed functionality, as documented, will only allow the most
recent partial retirement to be reinstated.
Potential workaround would be to adjust Current Cost = 0, retire the asset in
full, then re-enter the asset w/ correct value.
However, client asked for an Enhancement Request to please allow multiple
reinstatements from the asset workbench.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms