Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Project Costing - Version 12.1.3 to 12.1.3 [Release 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Asset Tracking:
Incorrect import of costs with transaction_source = CSE_PO_RECEIPT to Projects
Expect to see the correct cost transferred
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
I. The first creation:
1. Create and receive a PO with Normal Item.
2. Run concurrent «Receiving Transaction Processor».
3. Run concurrent «Create Accounting - Receiving». The first transaction with transaction source 'CSE_PO_RECEIPT' is inserted into table pa_transaction_interface_all
(iface trns id TRNX1)
4. Run concurrent «PRC: Transaction Import» for transaction type «CSE_PO_RECEIPT». The amount ia interfaced to Projects
5. Place in service an Item Instance in Asset Tracking.
6. Run concurrent «Interface In-Service Transactions to Oracle Projects - Normal Items». The second and the third transactions with transaction source 'CSE_PO_RECEIPT' are inserted into table pa_transaction_interface_all(file 1_pa_transaction_interface_all.xlsx, iface trns id's TRNX2 and TRNX3).
7. Run concurrent «PRC: Transaction Import» for transaction type «CSE_PO_RECEIPT»
(exp_id's B and C).
Everything is correct.
II. The second creation:
1.Do the same steps from part I for a new PO with the same item id, project and task.
In result after step 7 are created 2 costs D and E
2. Expenditure with id D has to reverse the exp id A2 created after step 4, part II (as it was done in the part I),
but in fact it reverses exp id C (cost for capitalization from part I), that became marked as reversed net_zero_adjustment_flag = 'Y' instead of exp id A2 and CDL A2 wasn't marked as reversed at all and looks like a cost for capitalization.
Please, notice that in the interface table pa_transaction_interface_all for trxns id TRNX4 the field adjusted_expenditure_item_id has correct value = A2.
The issue has the following business impact:
«Lost» costs that indeed should be capitalized
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms