R12: Possible To Match Project Related Invoice To PO With Invalid Expenditure Item Date
Last updated on MAY 01, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Payables - Version 12.0.1 and later
Oracle Projects - Version 12.0.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- PO/Receipt match action does not validate project Expenditure Item Date on PO/Receipt.
- Matched invoice distributions are created with invalid project expenditure item date and these will not get interfaced to projects.
- Invoice matched to PO allows invalid expenditure item date to pass validation and post to GL, not PA
- When matching an invoice to a PO, the system inherits the Exp item date from the PO and does not error on validation, even though the date is not valid for the Project-Task.
- This allows the invoice lines to post to the general ledger.
- The PA side is caught at the Supplier Cost Interface Exceptions report so does not post to PA.
- These should be caught by the AP validation process.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms