Depot Repair: Shipping Process Does Not Check For On-hand Quantity For Non-Reservable Items
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 06, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Depot Repair - Version 188.8.131.52 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 16-Dec-2014***
On : 184.108.40.206 version, Logistics Management
In depot repair logistics tab, shipping process for unreservable items does not check for on-hand quantity. Apparently when the item is not reservable (in the system item setup; inventory tab), the pick release process is not really done. That does not trigger a transaction. Picking is just a formality.
Even if the on-hand quantity is not available still the ship process on logistics tab updates the status to 'shipped', even though it actually does not get shipped (no material transaction). The trip stop interface says "Negative balances not allowed" and does not ship. THe order is also changed to status shipped and closed (when the workflow proceeds). The expectation would be it gets backordered as there has not really been a shipment.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create an unreservable item in the Inventory module. It should be IB trackable, Material billable, not serialized, not reservable. Assigned to all relevant organizations.
2. Put the new item on price list (in Order Management).
3. Perform a miscellaneous receipt for the item into a subinventory
4. Enter a service request and repair order for a quantity (>1) of this item. Create IB instance automatically when saving.
5. Submit and book order for the ship line.
6. Select, and process to pick release -> status = picked. The pick slip is created but only shows requested quantity - not picked. There are no IB transactions either. This is typical for non-reservable items
7. Select and process to ship confirm -> status = shipped. The trip stop interface is submitted and reports:
Error Code: ==> Transaction processor error
Error Explanation:: ==> Negative balances not allowed
Error txt: ==> INV INV_NO_NEG_BALANCES
8. The order line is closed (not back-ordered). No IB transaction and no material transaction though.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms