When Creating Package Hierarchy Receive PIM Error: Alternate Designator PIM_PBOM_S Does Not Exist
(Doc ID 1562686.1)
Last updated on MARCH 06, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Product Hub - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When creating a GDSN packaging hierarchy, this fails with the following error.
Create packaging without error.
1. Navigate to 'Product Information Management Data Librarian' > Item Catalog > Create Production Items.
2. Enter an ICC (in my case: Generic), select GDSN Sydicated and click continue.
3. Enter Item number and Description. Click the Finish button.
4. In the Actions drop down box, select 'Create Pack Hierarchy' and click the Go button.
5. Select the item, pick 'Create Case Above' from the drop down list and click the Go button.
6. Select the ICC (in my case: Generic) and click the Continue button.
7. Enter the Item number and the Description. Change the UOM to 'Pack'. Click the Finish button.
8. Click the Apply button.
9. Get the error.
Cannot create their packaging hierarchy.
Upgraded to R12.1.x.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document