Summary Account Budget Amount is not Updated when Adding New Detail Account
(Doc ID 1566235.1)
Last updated on JUNE 11, 2018
Applies to:Oracle General Ledger - Version 11.5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Form:GLXIQFUN.FMB - Funds Available Inquiry
Executable:GLSIMS - Program - Incremental Add/Delete Summary Templates
Executable:GLSMST - Program - Maintain Summary Templates
Executable:GLBMBO - Program - Maintain Budget Organization
You created a new child value within your account segment values and assigned it to a parent value.
Then funds were loaded to a specific detail account code combination, that includes the child value, using a budget journal entry.
Following programs were run:
1. Program - Incremental Add/Delete Summary Templates
2. Program - Maintain Summary Templates.
When entering transactions on the specific account, they fail with error: "This detail transaction causes a summary account to fail funds check".
You access the Funds Inquiry form in order to check the budget on both the summary and detailed accounts and notice that only the detailed account combination has the budget amount updated, while the summary account appears with budget zero.
After dropping and recreating the summary template, the summary account budget is updated correctly.
You expect to see the budget of the summary account updated accordingly by the detail account amount, without the need to drop and recreate the summary template.
Since 11i there is no need for redefining summary templates in such situations (it may be required only in case of data corruption) as per <note:1098.1> How To Maintain Summary Templates.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create new child value and assign it to parent value
2. Assign parent value to rollup group
3. Enter budget on specific account combination that uses the child value using journal entry
4. Run Program - Incremental Add/Delete Summary Templates and Program - Maintain Summary Templates
5. Check Funds Inquiry in both detail and summary account and see that the summary account has zero budget.
You have tried solutions described in <note:856623.1> and <note:290768.1> but still face the same issue.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document