Notification Log Not Updated when the Plan Element Start Date is in a Closed Period
(Doc ID 1566367.1)
Last updated on MARCH 01, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Incentive Compensation - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When we add or remove an eligible product in a plan element whose the start date is in a closed period and run an incremental calculation, there is no recalculation of opened periods.
After the modification we can see that no notification has been added in the notification table (CN_NOTIFY_LOG_ALL).
(despite we can see an event "CHANGE_QUOTA_ROLL" added in the event table CN_EVENT_LOG_ALL).
This problem does not occur if the start date of plan element is in an opened period. In this case we can see new notifications added in the notification table, and thus the recalculation is ok.
Steps to reproduce :
- Go to "Plan administrator" / "Compensation Plan and Components" / "Maintain Component Library"
- Search a plan element whose start date is in a closed period, and go into the plan element
- In "Eligible Products", add (or remove) an eligible product, and apply
- Apply the modification in compensation plan which contain the plan element
- Check table CN_NOTIFY_LOG_ALL
--> for the eligible salesreps, we should see a minimum of one notification for each opened period, and that's not the case
- Run an incremental calculation on opened periods
--> the commissions of the plan element have not been recalculated
Impact : No recalculation of compensation.
Workaround : We have to modify another object in setup (for example, add a plan element in the compensation plan, and remove it after having applied) to trigger the recalculation of commissions.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document