Setting The Initial Value Of A Flexfield Segment Via Templates Error with: The Mandatory Column Segment Has Not Been Assigned A Value
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Human Resources - Version 22.214.171.124 to 12.1.3 [Release 11.5.10 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A custom assignment template has been created to use a default value for a flexfield segment. But the default value is not being shown on the segment when creating an assignment. Also, when the user selects a value from the list of values for the segment, the following error occurs.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log on to the Applications.
2. Choose an HRMS responsibility, e.g. US Super HRMS Manager.
3. Navigate to 'Security-> People Management Configurator'.
4. Create a template based on 'PER_MAINTAIN_EMPS'.
5. Create a field based on 'Soft Coded Segment 3 Value (Maintain).
6. Set the default value of the field to 'Yes'.
7. Enable the template.
8. Open the template.
9. Create a new assignment.
10. Go to the flexfield segment.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms