Order Is Being Put On Hold After Autocreate Config Items Program Is Run
(Doc ID 1573545.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 29, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Order Management - Version 184.108.40.206 to 12.1.3 [Release 11.5.10 to 12.1]
Oracle Configure to Order - Version 12.1.3 to 12.1.3 [Release 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 220.127.116.11 version, Transaction Control
When we create a sales order and its configuration, after running the standard Autocreate Config items program, the catalog number (equivalent to star number) gets generated and
the order is put on hold "Supply Exception Hold".
After few mins, we observed that the "Supply Exception Hold" is released automatically and "Autocreate Config" hold is applied.
As per our business process, these holds should not be applied. We would like to understand on why the hold is getting applied.
This hold is applied only in case of existing Catalog numbers (that have been converted during Data Conversion - Items, Boms, Routings etc). This doesn't happen
when a brand new configuration is chosen which results in creation of new item, bom, routing when Autocreate Config program is run.
Hold should not be applied.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Responsibility: Order management Super User
2. Navigate: Orders Workbench, Order Organizer > Create a new Sales Order > Select a Model to configure the product
3. Configure the Product using Advanced Configurator (Select the options that result in matching with a existing Catalog number)
4. Publish the configuration to sales order lines
5. Schedule the Order
6. Run the Autocreate configuration items program to generate the Catalog number (equivalent to Star number)
7. Catalog number is generated and the Order is put on Supply Exception Hold
8. After few minutes the Supply Exception Hold is released automatically and Autocreate config hold is applied on the Order
This issue happens only when existing catalog number is matched during the Autocreate Config program. When a brand new configuration is chosen that results in creation of new item, BOM, routing this hold issue doesn't appear.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document