All Pick Drop Tasks With Different Deliveries Are Being Directed To Same Locator In A Consolidation Area
(Doc ID 1574435.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 09, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Warehouse Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Delivery based consolidation strategy is used for the outbound picking tasks in a warehouse where Oracle WMS is implemented.
The picking tasks are dropped in two consolidation areas.
In Release 11i, the operation plan for the outbound tasks was "LPN & Locator" so tasks from different deliveries were directed by system to different locators.
Only the tasks from same delivery could be dropped in same locator.
But in Release 12.1.3 you see that the outbound operation plans has been changed and users have used "LPN-based consolidation in consolidation locator within deliveries".
Now all the outbound pick drop tasks are being directed by system to same locator in the consolidation area.
WMS is always suggesting the first Consolidation locator for all the pick drop tasks irrespective of whether the tasks are from same delivery or different delivery.
Expect tasks from different deliveries will be suggested to different consolidation locators.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Setup consolidation locators for FC subinventory
2) Setup putaway rules which suggests consolidation locator during pick release
3) Setup operation plan as "LPN based consolidation in consolidation locator, within delivery in staging lane".
4) Created SO and pick release it
5) Noticed the tasks are created with drop location as "Consolidation locator"
6) Completed the Load and drop of the LPNs
7) Notice that the system always suggests the same consolidation locator for different deliveries.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!