Dependent Designations not Carrying Forward for Plan in Plan Type Changes
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Advanced Benefits - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On 12.1.3 in Oracle Advanced Benefits,
When changing the enrollment in the same plan type with the same dependent designation requirements as the previous enrollment, covered dependents are not carrying forward to the new election.
This cause the Dependent Certification Requirement to trigger again.
Expect the previously covered contact to carry forward to the new enrollment and no Certification Requirement should be returned as the documents required have already been provided.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Go to responsibility US Super HRMS Manager.
2. Navigate to People > Benefits Service Center and query a new employee.
3. Process the New Hire life event and enroll in medical plan for an option specific to Domestic Partner coverage.
4. Designate the Domestic Partner contact and satisfy the Certification Requirement.
5. Process the Open life event and enroll in another medical plan for an option specific to Domestic Partner coverage.
See that the dependent is not automatically covered and the Certification Requirement is triggered again.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms