Spares Management - No Reservation Is Created for Parts Requirement When Using Direct Receiving
Last updated on OCTOBER 06, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Field Service - Version 12.1.3 and later
Oracle Spares Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 6-OCT-2017**
When using a transfer type of 'Direct' (instead of In Transit) in the shipping network setup and an internal sales order for a parts requirement is shipped, it gets received automatically in the destination organization (as per standard Inventory / Receiving behaviour).
But in this scenario, no reservation gets created for the parts requirement, meaning the part can be used or reserved for other tasks.
This also causes some other issues when the task is processed further:
- When reassigning the task (manually), it will allow that only if the item is available in the new engineer's subinventory or can be sourced from a manned warehouse
- It will create a reservation in the new subinventory if it is available there but no subinventory transfer from the previous engineer
- If not available and cannot be sourced elsewhere, it throws an error (unable to find source for the required items)
Expect the behavior to be the same as when the transfer type is In-transit. In that case, when the receipt is entered (e.g. in FSTP), a reservation is created automatically.
Create an SR with a task and assign to an engineer
- Enter a parts requirement for this task. Enter a source (manual or through part search). Create internal order.
- Ensure the shipping network so that when shipping from source organization to destination organization (from the parts requirement), the system uses transfer type Direct (not intransit)
- Pick and ship the order in OM
--> Order now shows as received in the Parts Requirement but no reservation is created against the destination subinventory
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms