Match Configuration Not Checking For Sub Assembly Items
(Doc ID 1580693.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 11, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Configure to Order - Version 188.8.131.52 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
You have configurations such that assembly item have sub assemblies which are again configured items. You want to know whether the standard match config functionality checks for this kind of configurations. Also you want to know whether the match config will check the qty and operation sequences as well along with items while checking for the configuration.
Test case is as follow:
1. Star item 1 has 2 components
comp 1 with qty 1
comp 2 with qty 1
2. After some time we updated the bom such that quantities will be 2 but the items are same.
3. Star item 2 has same 2 components but different quantities.
comp 1 with qty 2
comp 2 with qty 2
4. Now if you enable the match configuration then how does system picks star item 2 if it only matches items which are same for both start items?
5. Similarly if 2 star items have same components but have different operation plans how does system chooses the correct star item for match
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document