Last updated on JUNE 08, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Receivables - Version 188.8.131.52 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A credit card prepayment receipt is created in Order Management when the order is booked. The credit card receipt is authorized
and the status of the receipt is Confirmed. The order gets cancelled before the prepayment receipt is remitted or settled. You expect
the system to automatically refund the receipt by unapplying the receipt and applying it to CREDIT CARD REFUND which would generate
a miscellaneous receipt for a credit card refund. However, the receipt is automatically unapplied and the receipt is placed on account.
1. Create an order in Order Management for $100
2. Create a Credit Card prepayment against the order for the entire amount of the order ($100)
3. Book the order. The prepayment receipt gets created after the authorization was received.
4. The receipt is in Confirmed state, requiring the Remittance and settlement processes to be run.
5. Before the settlement runs, cancel the sales order.
6. The credit card receipt is not getting refunded, ie., the receipt is not unapplied from Prepayment application
and applied with Credit Card refund activity and no miscellaneous receipt for Refund of the amount.
7. Instead receipt is On Account after unapplying the prepayment application.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms