Autoinvoice Errors With 'Unable To Derive A GL Date For Your Transaction' For Service Contracts Credit Memos
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Service Contracts - Version 184.108.40.206 and later
Oracle Receivables - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Autoinvoice gives the error message below when trying to process service contract credit memos. This happens when terminating a service contract which is already invoiced and the invoice falls in an accounting period that is already closed.
Unable to derive a gl date for your transaction. Please ensure that your transaction is in a gl period which you have defined.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a Service Contract
Start date - 01-Jul-2013
End date - 30-Jun-2014
Single service/subscription line with same dates and 'Advance invoice'.
2. Activate and bill the contract.
Invoice is created for 3 months Jul, Aug and Sep 2013
GL date for these invoices is 01-Jul-2013
The July GL period is open.
3. Run Autoinvoice so that the invoices are created.
4. Close July period in AR and GL.
5. Terminate the contract, run service contracts main billing.
- the credit memo records are created in RA interface tables
6. Submit Autoinvoice
- the records are in error with the above error message.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms