Purchase Order (PO) Created Via Copy Document Feature or Via Document Builder Can Have PRINT_COUNT and PRINTED_DATE Incorrectly Updated And PO Is Incorrectly Emailed
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 10, 2013
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On 12.1.3 version when a supplier has a default communication method of email with an email address and this supplier is also enabled for EDI transmission of their Purchase Orders, the following problem occurs.
The print count and printed date are set when the PO is approved (as the PO is emailed upon approval based on supplier setups).
However this PO should still be communicated via EDI Program but it is not.
This problem only occurs in the Buyer Work Center and potentially could occur for POs created automatically from Requisitions via the PO Create Documents Workflow
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Setup Supplier as EDI enabled trading partner
2. Setup Supplier to have default communication method to email
3. Create PO via Buyer Work Center and the Document Builder feature and approve it
4. When the problem occurs the Purchase Order is incorrectly emailed
4. Later on , when EDI Program is run the PO is not transmitted via EDI as expected because print counts were updated incorrectly when it was approved and emailed
This sql statement can be used to identify Purchase Orders that have had the problem occur
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms