Last updated on AUGUST 19, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Using Purchasing, when entering the buyer work center and uploading a document - failure is encountered and various errors are given yet an internal item was not used in the spreadsheet.
Upload errors were seen as follows:
Internal Item Number Item is not a valid purchasable item.
You cannot change the pre-defined item description for this item.
1. Create an item.
2. Create the Approved Supplier List (ASL) and also a new blanket with the item - give a supplier item number on both the ASL and Blanket Agreement line with the item.
3. Next, deactivate the item - make it inactive in the Item Master.
4. Create a new blanket agreement.
5. Use the upload functionality to upload a spreadsheet having the supplier item number previously used in step 2 - however do not give any internal item reference on the spreadsheet.
6. Submit the upload - for this one time expense item - giving the before used supplier item number
7. Find it goes into error stating item is inactive - even though the internal item is not even given in the spreadsheet.
Its essentially validating the supplier item and locating the old expired blanket and then validating that item in the item master which was deactivated.
It should not even look to the item master at this point since the spreadsheet upload had only the supplier item number - no internal item was given.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms