Decimal Precision Is Increasing Upon Receiving Against A Foreign Currency PO
Last updated on JUNE 01, 2016
Applies to:Oracle iProcurement - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.1 and later
Through iProcurement receipts are created with junk rate when the following conditions are met:
- PO is created with foreign currency
- PO line type is of 'Amount'
- No conversion rate has been defined for the date that the receipt is created
When a Purchase Order is created in foreign currency and the Match option is 'Receipt',
then the currency conversion rate date for today defaults in.
If no rate has been defined for that date, then the user should receive an error and not be allowed to create the receipt.
However, for PO lines with type of 'Amount' no error is displayed and the receipt is created with the following junk rate:
This issue does not occur for PO line type of 'Goods'.
Then the user is prevented from creating the receipt and an error is inserted into table po_interface_errors: PO_CPO_NO_RATE_FOR_DATE.
This issue only occurs when creating the receipt through iProcurement.
When creating a receipt for type 'Amount' through the Receipt form the following error is received:
APP-PO-14258: No rate has been defined for this date
and the user is prevented from creating a receipt.
Expect also an error to be displayed in iProcurement when the line type is 'Amount' which will prevent
the user from creating a receipt with junk rate.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
1. Create a Purchase Order in a foreign currency, rate type 'Corporate' and with line type 'Amount'
2. Make sure that no Corporate rate has been defined between the foreign and functional currency for today
3. Navigate to iProcurement > Receiving
4. Create a receipt
5. No error message is received and a receipt is created
6. Query the receipt through Receipt Transactions Summary form
7. The currency conversion rate is displayed as: 9.990000000000000000000000000000000E+125
- Rate Type = Corporate
- Match Option = Receipt
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms