Service: Unable To Schedule A Task Manually - Error: "Please enter a quantity for planned effort"
(Doc ID 1592241.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 06, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Teleservice - Version 12.1.3 to 12.1.3 [Release 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Service Request form > Tasks tab:
Unable to schedule a Task manually.
Planned effort disappears and get an error.
Upon re-entering, it again disappears and the system does not allow to save the record.
When trying to save: "Please enter a quantity for planned effort".
Repopulate the Planned Effort quantity.
Error is "Planned Effort is not set".
Setup a new Task Type:
. Task Type - Installation or BreakFix
. Rule - DISPATCH
. UOM - Hour
. Duration - 1
. Schedule - enabled
- Create a Service Request
- Create a Task
- Select a Task type Break/Fix or Installation (Planned effort automatically populates upon selecting the task type)
- Assign the Task to a Resource
- Enter Schedule Start & End Dates
- Save the record and you get the following error: "Please enter a quantity for planned effort".
- Planned effort disappears and upon re-entering, it disappears again and the system is not able to save the record.
The Task Type 'BreakFix' has defaulted Planned Effort = 1 Hour.
The Planned Effort is defaulted correctly, however it disappears when the Scheduled times are entered.
Tested with a Task Type that does NOT have the Planned Effort defaulted.
=> Same problem.
What is Working:
It may work fine if the Task Type does NOT have the 'DISPATCH' rule.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document