R12.1.x Tax Upload Interface (FATAXUP) Does Not Reflect Correct Cost And Depreciation Values In Tax Book For Alternate Ledger Currency (ALC)
Last updated on JULY 25, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Assets - Version 12.1.1 to 12.1.3 [Release 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, FA Adjustments
When attempting to upload opening balances for the tax book using the Tax Upload Interface the asset cost , YTD and Reserve Values differ in Alternate Ledger Currency (ALC).
Expect all the values to be matched.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. client is currently using the Oracle 11i version and performing a re-implementation of R12 where they need to extract the data from 11i and load the same into R12 (note: this is not an upgrade project). We have a corporate asset book and the same is attached to a tax asset book. Both the corporate asset book and tax asset book is attached to the same primary ledger. The primary ledger is having the functional currency as MXP. This primary ledger also has a reporting ledger in the USD currency. Hence both the corporate asset book and tax asset book is attached to the reporting ledger as well.
1. Extracted the data from the corporate book and load them into the “FA_MASS_ADDITIONS” table.
2. Also loaded the “FA_MC_MASS_RATES” table with the cost of the asset in USD and also the average exchange rate information.
3. Once the data was populated, we ran the Post Mass Addition to capitalize the asset.
4. Ran the depreciation for the corporate book.
5. Verified that the cost, YTD depreciation and Accumulated depreciation was the same in both MXP as well as USD (matched the data between 11i and R12)
6. Then performed the initial mass copy to copy the asset into the tax asset book.
7. Then loaded the FA_TAX_INTERFACE table with the cost, YTD depreciation and Accumulated depreciation for the asset in the tax book. This data was loaded in MXP. We could not find any option to load the data in USD. All these values were different between the corporate and the tax book
8. Upload the tax values by running the concurrent program “Upload Tax Book Interface”
9. Ran the depreciation for the tax book
10. Verified that the cost, YTD depreciation and Accumulated depreciation was the same in MXP (matched the data between 11i and R12)
11. But when data was matched between 11i and R12 for the USD, there were differences observed.
Due to this issue, users cannot get the ALC implemented correctly.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms